Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Off to a Good Start

Well, I had my first sewing class and am proud to say I sewed a pretty sweet drawstring bag! Here's a picture of it...sorry it's sideways. I can't flip it for some reason! I had fun at the sewing class, but it would have been more conducive to my learning if it were a one-on-one course. All the other students had different skill levels and agendas, and I didn't have the instructor's full attention; and I needed it because it took me forever just to figure out how to correctly thread the machine!

Anyway, I am very proud of my creation, and can't wait to learn something new! I made another new craft this week, but I will show later because it's a present for someone. It has also inspired a design for my graduation party!

This is an exciting week for me because my parents are coming to visit and celebrate their silver anniversary! Now there is a story of a true, successful marriage! I hope that I can be half the people my parents are. They are so amazing and words cannot express how thankful I am for the hard work they instill in their family. The fact that they are hanging out with their three rug rats on their anniversary shows that they truly do prioritize family! A marriage like theirs is something I hope all my future wedding clients create! I love you, Mom and Dad!!

Hope your week has started off fabulously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment