Friday, February 18, 2011

Feeling Fulfilled!

So this week I got a little excited about my new baking and cooking ambitions! I made the pumpkin cookies Tuesday (earlier post) and on Wednesday I went for banana nut mini muffins and they were a hit! Super healthy too--bananas, whole wheat flour, Splenda/sugar blend, an egg, unsweetened applesauce, and a plethora of spices. I added walnuts to some, dark chocolate chips to others, and cinnamon chips to some. I was surprised that everyone loved them! I also was brave and made my favorite dish, chicken devan. I learned tonight that no one makes it like mommy dearest! I made a few amateur mistakes, but my sweet little brother ate a huge helping and convinced me it was really good. I'm starting to think he'll just eat anything :)

I have been in search of a craft with a few speed bumps! I was going to make a manzanita centerpiece for the wedding I am doing, but found the branches will cost $30 just to ship! All the other projects I have wanted to try, require sewing,  which somehow I slipped through the cracks when it came to learning because I am the only female in my family that can't sew! Sooooo I signed up for a semi-private class tomorrow and could not be more pathetically excited!!! I just feel like learning this skill will open a world of possibilities for me! I will post pictures of the things I learn along the way!

Have a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment