Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Piece At A Time

I eventually want to have a what I'm told is called "coming out" party where I design the party and can add it to my portfolio and begin to advertise myself as an event coordinator. I will show bits and pieces of my plan, and hopefully it will all come together nicely! This week I experimented with a few new recipes. I made some black bean brownies for my family when my parents visited, which were surprisingly not bad! I used a low fat brownie mix because I didn't have all the necessary ingredients to make them from scratch, black beans, vanilla, instant coffee, and cinnamon. They all liked them! I made some "no bake" cookies for the brothers and so far, so good!! They were virtually milk, unsweetened cocoa, peanut butter, oats, wheat germ, and Splenda. I made a few other new things for dinner but nothing worth noting! And as for my crafty craftiness I tried these: T-shirt Pom Poms. Though it didn't turn out as cute, because I was too lazy to do the last step and didn't feel like breaking out the vacuum to clean up after it! Sorry the picture is sideways again!

I am so thankful for my family for being so supportive of me, constantly encouraging me, and being brave enough to try my cooking! Living with both of my brothers has been such an amazing experience, and the bond we are creating is so amazing. I was so excited this last weekend when my parents visited because we had more than one dinner that was just the five of us sitting together! We had no place to be, and we were just able to enjoy each other's company! It's been far too long!!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment