Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gift Registries


I always thought that when the time came for me, I would stress about registering for wedding gifts. I know that I will not know exactly what I will need prior to being married because I feel that moving in with someone would create a whole new dynamic that I would have to adapt to and figure out in the long run the things my husband and I would need. I feel like I would just be putting stuff on the list to put it on there.  Also, many people are getting married later in their lives so they may already own all the items people traditionally register for. 

Check out this really neat website that makes it easier for both the guests and the couple.  Depositagift.com allows the couple to express to their guests the things they really need but can’t register for. For example, they need help paying for the wedding because they want to put a down payment on a house, they need help paying for a car, they would rather have funds for a honeymoon, they have school loans to pay off etc.  This website allows the couple to say “just make it easy and give us cash” in a more polite less awkward way!


For all you married people out there, what was your gift registry experience like? Was it easier than I am imagining?

Second question, what are some bizarre gifts you wound up with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment