Friday, March 18, 2011

Be Ready


I am such a planner! No, I don’t mean party planner. I mean I constantly make lists and plans and am very methodical about following schedules.  Sometimes I get a little flustered when last minute things come up, and think, “This completely ruins my day!”

But it hardly fails that when I do a little reshuffling, I find that those things that come up fit quite nicely. I also usually find that I am glad that something else came up because it ends up being a good experience!  In my Devotional today, it said, “When I am free from selfishness, I am free from irritation.” That really stuck out at me because when things go against my schedule, I tend to get irritated or stressed. It made me realize that life isn’t going to be all about me and my schedule and I have to learn how to bend for others.

You want God to laugh? Tell Him your plans! His plan is always so much better than what we have planned even if in the moment it doesn’t seem it. We have to be open minded and go along for the ride because it will definitely be an exciting adventure.

Have a plans and goals but also be ready for it to go awry. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment by being so solidified in your ways and future aspirations. Be open to a little spontaneity in your life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment