Monday, June 6, 2011

Goals


It’s only fitting that at the end of my college career I make some goals. Blair Britt, a very inspirational person in my life did this, and I am following suit.


The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable, or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of stretching on your part.)

Starting Date: June 6, 2010
Completion Date: Umm when someone figures out that math, be a pal and let me know ;)

This was surprisingly hard, and I still have some completing to do, but I wanted to get it posted. There is also no specific order. I wrote as they came to mind. Some are goals and some are simply wishes because I would be incredibly blessed if some of these things actually happened. I know that most of these don’t fit the criteria of being measurable, but they are necessary. I also know that some of them are lifelong, but as I said, they are necessary.

1.     Get through all of the event planning books I bought
2.     Reorganize all the files on my computer
3.     Plan my first successful wedding and then some
4.     Start my own business
5.     Get more experience from other places before I start my own business
6.     Learn to sew
7.     Learn to build things
8.     Become a Crossfit trainer
9.     Go to San Francisco
10.Take culinary arts courses and try a new recipe once a week
11. Learn to be more “crafty”
12. Learn to always have a positive attitude
13. Learn to be more compassionate and understanding
14. Be healthy, but don’t obsess…live a little
15. Learn how to play tennis
16. Save up a lot of money by day 1001 and keep saving
17. Learn how to graphically design things
18. Get a vizsla
19. Get a concealed weapons license
20. Give something back to my high school
21. Play in a softball game
22. Visit my friend Janelle in Texas
23. Learn to wakeboard
24. Go visit my family in Missouri
25. Drive a Bentley
26. Go hunting with my dad
27. Convince Dad it’s not unethical to let their kids get cosmetic surgery if it’s something that has bothered them since they were 9 years old thanks to more than enough teasing
28.  Convince AC/DC or Van Halen to start touring again so I can watch their concert
29. Learn to let go and boldly step into the unknown
30. Join a Bible study group
31. Learn to be content with the fact I can’t make everyone happy
32. Go back to Europe
33. Hike the Grand Canyon
34. Play with exotic animals…chimpanzees, baby bears, baby tigers, etc.
35.  Watch a number of old movies
36. Go to Venice Beach
37. Go to the Santa Monica Pier
38. Go see the heart of Nashville and my family there
39. Go to a Cubs vs. Cardinals game at Busch  Stadium
40. Give my parents site seeing tips on a trip they will take to Europe…then hop in their suitcase
41. Learn how to throw a punch
42. Learn how to hook up, pull, and back up a trailer
43. Reconnect with old friends and keep in better touch with people
44. Learn how to draw
45. Fulfill one of my best friends metaphors of taking my old shoes out of storage and letting them go, try on new ones, and trust that God will know when the time is to start shopping.
46. Run a half marathon with Elizabeth preferably one that ends with a Nike/Tiffany’s necklace and firemen
47. Get my own website
48. Become a more efficient blogger and inspire and teach people through them
49. Thank people more often and let them know how much they mean to me
50. Go visit my sorority sisters 
51. Watch as many of my little brother's football games as possible
52. Send my big brother off to dental school
53. Be a more valuable friend, daughter, sister, granddaugher, niece, godmother, etc. 
54. Be a role model for my little cousins
55. Spend more time with my extended family in Yuma
56. Find enough goals to fit the 101 criteria.


Open to suggestions especially from those who know me well and know things I should be working on! 

2 comments:

  1. it's great that you've started this too... and i'm happy to help you complete No. 36... there are some great places i need to explore up there too, and two are better than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly inspiring and I can't wait to hear about all of your accomplishments. I have so much to learn from you, Chelsea! I know all of these things will happen, especially crossing that finish line looking as strong and beautiful as ever while snagging a one-of-a-kind Tiffany's/NIKE necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete