Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resolutions

So I have decided finally to dive into the blogging world. I feel that by talking about myself, I am seeking attention, but I have so much fun reading others blogs that I suppose there is nothing wrong with it.  I also realize I don't have to just talk about myself. I can talk about my dreams, inspiration, plans, and my future (fingers crossed ) career...event design and coordination. I am currently interning for two amazingly talented planners and have learned so much in the little time I have spent with them. I also have a bride who is letting me "play" wedding planner and being a guinea pig for me! Brave woman!!

I believe it is very important to continually educate oneself so while pursuing a degree in Business Administration with a management emphasis and a Communication Studies Minor, I read event planning industry books and am constantly scouring the Internet for ideas, inspiration, tips, and the like. I take as many opportunities as I can to ask professionals out there as many questions as I can and pick their brains.  There is so much unbelievable talent out there! I also plan on going to floral design school this summer and would love nothing more than to learn to sew, create awesome cakes, learn the catering business, and so much more. There are so many classes that I can't wait to get my hands on. Nothing like that in business school, but the things I have learned in business school will go a long way! So as this blog grows I plan on sharing the things that I learn and hopefully it will reflect my growth, and I can one day in someway or another, infiltrate the world of planning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment