Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Celebration of Two Lives



This post is a continuation of a re-cap from one of my spring weddings. You can read the original post here.

As I touched on in the last post, we lost traction in much of the prep work the day before and never even had a rehearsal. This was extremely nerve-wracking, but the ceremony was flawless despite that fact. The only things that went wrong weren't relevant and were most likely only noticed by a perfectionist wedding planner.

A part of me was involved in the catering side of things since my dad took on the big task. This created a whole new dynamic for me. We made a great duo, and it was definitely one of the bigger challenges I had ever faced as I had so much more for which I was responsible. We had a fabulous team that scrambled to give these two and their families the day they deserved. I cannot be more thankful for the many hands that went into this day including my wonderful mother who took care of so many things behind-the-scenes. 


Photo by Taplin Photo

Photo by Taplin Photo

Amy had a rustic Anthropology vision and since she was marrying a farmer and big-time hunter, we incorporated this into the wedding as well. As some of you may know, making weddings as personal as possible is one of my goals. I loved the combination of everything in this wedding because there was so much we could do with it and make it about both the bride and the groom.
A Nurse Marries a Farmer

The bridesmaids dresses were watermelon pink so the colors we used in everything were shades of pinks, tans, and browns. Her flowers, done by the fabulous Lisa Brazeel at A Garden Party at Fortuna Floral, were a wildflower theme and were scattered throughout in random vases, mason jars, and other bottles we collected. We incorporated Steve’s farming roots by showcasing artichokes (provided by the farmer-groom himself) in the arrangements, as table number holders, and my favorite were the mini artichokes that Lisa made into boutonnieres.

Baby Artichokes!
Photo by Taplin Photo
Design By  Lisa Brazeel
  


Each table was decorated differently and not to mention beautifully!  


Design By  Lisa Brazeel


Design By Lisa Brazeel











Design By  Lisa Brazeel











Design by  Lisa Brazeel


We wanted to have a cigar lounge, and since hunting is Steve’s identity, we surprised him with a hunting lodge setting complete with couches, a coffee table adorned in cards and games, hay bale chairs, a fireplace, and appropriate decor. The trout was caught by his grandpa and was a very special addition to the wedding. 

Design by  Lisa Brazeel and EBC























As you can see, this wedding was beyond personalized. Steve had about 1200 pounds of produce shipped down from Salinas, which provided a gourmet spread. His family's famous sausage adorned the appetizer table and his family's own wine and champagne was served. I may be biased but I've never had a better pinot than Caraccioli Cellars.



Caraccioli Cellars-Photo by Taplin Photo


 We had a ton of DIY projects....my favorite!


Sign Made With Plasma Cutter, hanging twinkle lights, and tulle transformed this swing set by EBC
Pearls and Twine Hung From Wagon Wheel-By EBC


Beautiful cake and cupcakes by the fabulous Susie King and Table Design by EBC (Thanks Mom and Dad for having a goldmine of rustic antiques for me to steal!--I found that door in my dad's collection of....things!) 



My Favorite Cake-Photo By Taplin Photo




Candles Amy and I added pearls and bling to 

Hand-Written Seating Cards by Amy's Friend
Sign-in Table by  Lisa Brazeel and EBC











.

Thank You Card at Every Seat Made by Amy's Friend

One of my favorite parts of this wedding was how much fun we had and all the friendships and family I developed through it all. The sadness that encompassed everything the day before turned into a celebration of two different lives-the life of a legacy and a new beginning. Both Steve and Amy's families have a very special place in my heart!  Thanks Amy and Steve for allowing us to be a part of one of the most important days of your lives!! 






Photo by Taplin Photo

Photo by Taplin Photo







A Ver Fun Bridal Party--Photo By Taplin Photo

Photo By Taplin Photo
I reached my limit for photos, but the whole album can be viewed here.


Wedding Planner and Deisgner: Events By Chelsea

Florist and Designer:  A Garden Party at Fortuna Floral

Photographer: Taplin Photo

Cake and Cupcakes: Susie King

Caterer: Wild Man Catering








No comments:

Post a Comment